Friday, May 21

Karaoke

What do you think about when you are riding in the car?  I think about a lot of things, but a good majority of the time I am listening to and thinking about the music on the radio.  Not about what it means, if the artist is creative, or about how it makes me feel...instead, I think about whether or not the song I am listening to would be a good Karaoke song for me.

Today, "Groove is in the heart" by Deee-Lite came on the radio and I started to sing, and I concluded that this would in fact be a good Karaoke song for me.  I can't tell you want constitutes an appropriate song, you just know it when you hear it.  For me anything Reba McIntyre ranks pretty high on my list of karaoke musts.

The funny thing is that I never actually sing karaoke.  I always talk about, I always think about it, but when it comes down to do or die, I die.  Everytime.  On the rare occasion that I had the courage (sometimes liquid courage) to actually make my stage debut, I bomb it everytime.  There was one particularly embarrassing rendition of David Alan Coe's "You never even call me by my name".  I am sooo good at that song in the car, but not at the bar.

So if you ever see me in my ride, jammin...I am practicing for a potential karaoke situation that will most likely  never happen.

No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...