Monday, January 3

Bringing in the New Year and almost dying doing it

Matt and I had a great time in Tampa, but we are thankful that the Langford Travel Extravaganza has officially ended.  Putting almost 6000 on your vehicle in a 2 month span is enough to wear anyone out.  We made alot of great memories closing out 2010, but thankful that our 2011 looks a little more "settled" at least for now.

We had two near death experiences this weekend:

1.  I will admit though that this past weekend, there were several times I thought I was going to die.  On NYE I was almost 100% certain that my time on this earth would come to an end after being trampled to death by THE worst crowd I have ever been in IN. MY. LIFE.  Ask Matt, he will vouch for that. The night started off fine, not crowded at all, then it seemed like as if by magic all of the people in the world were transported to the firework show on Tampa's harbor.  Good Gravy, it was awful.  I was willing to over look the beer shower I received from the crazy guy behind me, only because I know that beer is good for your hair.  The pushing and shoving on the other hand was not necessary.  We got back to the room, limbs and kidney's still functioning.

2.  The game was also really good.  It was the biggest football game I have ever been to in my life.  Even though I am a die hard Golden Eagle (SMTTT!), I will admit that we don't exactly attract a large crowd.  The atmosphere at a college football game is an amazing experience.  I am thankful that the game wasn't decided until the last 2 min of the game, I felt like we got our $ worth.  It is also a good thing that I didn't get trampled and loose a kidney at the festivities the night before, because we ended up having to sell my kidney to buy cotton candy at the end of the 4th quarter.  It was a miracle that as a group we weren't kidnapped and sold into white slavery.  Apparetnly, Florida fans don't appreciate inappropriate comments concerning Urban Meyer's failing health (Thanks Steve).  For future reference it isn't wise to buy tickets in the SEC section when you plan on wearing shirts supporting a Big 10 team.

Supporting Evidence:













2 comments:

Shannon @ Why Not On A Tuesday said...

LOVE the blog revamp and the new tag line!

Chelle said...

Thanks Shannon, I think it fits pretty well!

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...