Friday, July 9

Sunfish Tri


Tomorrow is race day!  That is a loaded exclamation point because not only am I excited I am also kinda of scared.  I am competing (and I use that term loosely) as a part of a relay team.  I am only doing the 5 K at the end of a sprint triathlon.  It's only 3.2 miles you say.  Yes, yes I know it is ONLY 3.2 miles.  But do you know how far that is to a semi couch potato as myself?  Far!

I have been running over the last two weeks.  So I am in a little bit better position today than I was a month ago. But running with your brother or your dad is a lot different than running with oh a hundred or so people.  Am I going to make a fool of myself?  I sure hope not.  I would love to be able to run the 3.2 miles straight without having to walk, but I haven't been able to run that far consecutively at one time.  I also hope that I don't trip, that my thighs rubbing together don't start a fire, and that I don't choke went I try to hydrate while running. So many things to think about.

To top it all of, I am worried about what to wear.  Kind of trivial to be worried about how you look when you are running...running equals sweat and bad hair.  I have to make up for the sweat and bad hair.  I gotten several running shirts that are thin and dry fit, so my shirts aren't a problem.  What I am torn about is my shorts.  I have a pair of tight compression shorts that help my thigh rubbing problem, and I think I would be most comfortable wearing them only.  When I wear shorts over them it is just an extra layer that makes me HOT.  Tune in tomorrow to see if I sucked it up and wore the tights.

If you are awake tomorrow around 8 o'clock central keep your fingers crossed for me that I manage to run my measly little 3.2 miles and cross the finish line not on a stretcher.

GO TEAM Langford/McWilliams/McWilliams!!!!

No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...