Thursday, June 3

Destin, Softball and Real Housewives

I just got home from my last softball game.  I have been playing on a co-ed church team and tonight we lost our second game to kick us out of the championship tournament.  You will see no tears shed from me.  I was so ready to be finished with the "season".  I do have to admit though I had a good time playing our double-header tonight.  Rain and red clay softball fields = LOTS OF MUD.  Playing catcher puts you in really close proximity to the mud, so by the end of the 2 games I was covered in red mud from head to toe.   Also I hit a double...yes you read that right, a double and an RBI.  Tonight was definitely the best I have played, and I really wish that my hunny Matt could have been there to see me, I think he would have been proud.

So now I am at home in the peace and quiet, resting with my puppy, eating a bowl of blue bell vanilla ice-cream all while watching the season finale of RHONY (Real Housewives of New York).  Yes it is drama, yes they are pretty stupid, yes you could probably call them cows, but...I like it.  Trashy reality television is my guilty pleasure.  At least since I am watching it at 11pm on the DVR I can fast forward through all of the commercials.  The only thing that would make me more relaxed is if when I went upstairs to go to bed that Matt would be asleep on his side.

I am leaving in the morning to go to Destin, FL.  My friend Lauren from GA offered us a visit to her condo and my other GA friends Jill and Julie are going as well.  We are just going to have a girl's weekend, with food, drinks, vegging out, and trying to soak up time on the beach before it soaks up all the oil that is heading that way (The oil thing is a whole other post in itself).  So I will be back Tuesday.  Unfortunately I will not be able to get on the internet for the next few days so I will miss updating my blog.

If you are reading this, I love you Matt and I miss you.
Goodnight all, I will see ya next week!

No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...