Tuesday, October 26

Going Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Thank you Gwen Stefanie for turning the word banana into such a catchy tune and thank you Matt for buying more bananas than we could eat at the store.  Really, that might sound like a dig at my hubby, but I assure you...it is not.  He went to the grocery store with me last week and I put him and charge of fruit, boy did he hook us up.  We have until today been able to almost all of the fruit that he secured for our family, with the exception of the bananas.  Technically we probably could have gotten one more good day out of them, but realistically we would have just continued to sit there and stare at them as they turned to brown goo in our fruit bowl.

While searching for something to do with the bananas so I didn't have to trash them I found a recipe for a Banana's and Cream Bundt Cake.  Usually the trick when I do something like this is that I NEVER have all of the ingredients that I need on hand.  There is always a random ingredient that you need 1/8 of a teaspoon of that you know leaving out will lead to the dishes certain ruin...so I am left to just wish that I could cook the said recipe.  Amazingly enough, I had everything in my modest pantry, well kinda.  It called for sugar, and I had splenda.  It called for sour cream and I had light sour cream.  Tell me it will work out okay...no seriously, tell me.  I have about 23 more excruciating minutes to wait to find out. 

We are having a guest over for dinner tonight, so I will make Matt test it before we feed it to the visitors...you know in case it is poisoned or tastes that foot.  


I'll eat it!

On a side note, remember what I told you yesterday, about Lowe's...yeah, guess where Matt went today when he got off work?  Lowe's.  Figures, it has become kind of a running joke between the two of us.  The more I say it over and over in my head, and picture myself leaning over my future child's crib (no dad, not in the near future) I think that Lowe's Langford has a nice ring to it...don't you?


No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...