Wednesday, October 13

The brain has left the building

Before I proceed I need to submit a disclaimer:
Mama and Matt, do not freak out, all is well, everything is fine, Duece and I are currently engaged in a staring contest from across the room.

It is official, I have lost my mind.  My dog can NOT be off the leash unless he is in an enclosed area.  I admit it, I was lazy and when we first got him I did not take the time to train him how to be a good doggy, at least by those standards.  That combined with the fact that he is a beagle, also known as "nose of four legs", doesn't make for a successful walk when unleashed.

This afternoon I was getting ready to leave the house and I was taking Duece with me, and what do I do?  I open the door and say, "Come on Duece, lets go!"  He looked at me like, are you crazy?  And I just stood there, waiting for him to load up in the truck.  Did you pick up on the important step that I forgot?  No, I didn't leash him, and by the time I realized it he was down the street.  What was I thinking?  Obviously now I know why he was looking at me like I had worms coming out of my eyes.  My only guess was that the train wreck of a blog post from last night fried all of my circuits.

But God, being the great all knowing creator that he is, knew how stressed out I was and placed the neighbor and her dog out at their mailbox at the time my lobotomy was taking place.  He stopped, sniffed, and played with the dog and I came along and scooped him up.

I don't think that will happen again anytime soon.  Cardio for the day, Check!

See Mom and Matt, it all worked out.  No lectures please, if I wanted a lecture I would go back to college.

P.S. Here is a little gem for all of you.  Duece gave me a present today.  Isn't that sweet?  I have been working so hard and he recognized how hard I have been working and how tired I have been.  He wanted me to have something from him when I came home from work today.  Poop.  Yep, he pooped in his cage today, and then layed it in.  He is the best dog!

2 comments:

Cari Walters said...

Sarcasm.....love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Duce sounds like Rak. Rak has been known to take us on impromptu 3 mile runs when he makes his escape without a leash.

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...