Wednesday, November 24

A Dog Name Cooter

I will be the first to admit that I wasn't always a dog lover.  I tolerated animals because other people loved them. There was even a disaster of dog ownership one time when I was in college that I can't talk about to this day because I am ashamed of it (even though I partially blame that on someone else, but that is neither here nor there).  Anyway, I married my Matt and almost immediately he started working on winning me over to the dark dog side.  He won and now we have a furbaby.  I know you know about Duece because not only do I reference him all the time in real life but also on this blog.  Yes, I am that lady.  You know the one, I pull out pictures of my dog when you run into me at the grocery store and I am the only one that can talk bad about him.


Even in the two short years that I have been a dog owner, I am fully convinced that my heart has grown an extra chamber for all of the love I have for dogs (sorry kitty cats, you have to work on that dander thing before I reconsider loving you).   I officially have to change the channel when the ASPCA commercials come on and show pictures of all of the pitiful dogs in the world that need my love a good home while refrains of the saddest song ever is playing in the background.  Should I continue to watch without averting my eyes, the back end of Matt's truck would be loaded down with every sad eyed dog at the pound.


I am getting to my point, I promise.
Meet Cooter Brown.  He is not my dog, I actually do not know who he belongs to, but for the 4 days that I lived in a camper with my husband, he was our companion and I felt like he deserved a name.
Doesn't he look like a Cooter-Brown?





We came really close to bringing him home with us, he was so loyal and friendly, and honestly would make a great hunting dog, but Duece doesn't need the competition.  I am just hoping that he finds his real family sometime soon.  I may or may not have fed him, but I did really like him.  It is probably a good thing that I am not going back to the camp for a few weeks, because if I had spent one more day with him hanging around looking all cute and lovey we might have become a two dog family and I just don't think my vacuum could handle that.

No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...