Monday, July 25

Romper Style

Let me start off by saying...I love Etsy.  You can find so many awesome things there.  I frequent the sight fairly often, as in once a day, but I have never bought something until recently.  Usually I just browse because I find it a great place to collect ideas.  My shopping cart might not ever be full, but my favorites list is over flowing with Etsy bookmarks.

I also love sewing.  I started sewing a few years ago and it comes in flashes.  Sometimes I am hot, sometimes I am cold.  I usually get really aggravated at my sewing machine because it messes up a whole freaking lot ( I need a new one but that is a different blog).  In the past I mainly sew stuff for my two nieces, and I kind of took a deep breath when I found out I was having a little boy, because I only know how to sew girly things.

I finally bit the bullet and combined my two loves:  Etsy and Sewing.  I bought a pattern.  The instant gratification of buying a pdf pattern and having it delivered to your inbox aside, it was so easy.  I made a romper.  I am pretty proud of myself, I did not have to use my seam ripper, not one time!

 
I just successfully made something other than a dress, in one try, without crying, or breaking my machine!

These  were just some scraps I had at the house.  Now that I know I can do it, I think I will have to go shopping for some cute Thanksgiving and Christmas fabric because I will have a sweet little baby who will need something cute to wear come fall!

I did learn through this project that I need to learn how to use the serger that has been sitting in my closet for a year, anyone want to teach me?


2 comments:

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

Ohhh, I just learned how to use my MIL's serger when I made a dress for my niece and I loved it! It really seemed to "finish" things off to me. It wasn't hard to use - the only hard part is getting it threaded, but if you follow the instructions, you should be able to figure it out. I'm currently debating whether or not to buy one.

I'm like you - hot and cold with the sewing. I love to do it, but I haven't actually sewn anything (except the dress - and I had already started it) since I found out I was pregnant. It just seems like so much work right now!

Shannon @ Why Not On A Tuesday said...

You NEED to join Pinterest. I sent you an invite a while back. It is the PERFECT place to organize all your ESTY finds instead of having a hundred favorites saved. You can pin something you find on esty to pinterest (and organize it into categories) and then when you click on the image, its a link to the page you found it on. It's amazing!!

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...