Saturday, October 8

Reality Check In A Bag

A friend asked me what I was doing today and told me, "I am packing my hospital bag."  I immediately thought, 'yeah, I should probably get on that'.  Seeing as how Neil could decide to make his appearance at any point.  I might only be 35 weeks, but as sure as I get comfortable with the idea of him coming is 5 weeks, he will decide to debut tonight as soon as my head hits the pillow.  No bueno.  I am ready to meet him, but not tonight.  K? Matt is out of town.  Thanks!

That brings me to my hospital bag.  Nothing brings a dose of reality like having to pack a bag to take to the hospital in case of labor, not imaginary labor, but actual pushing a baby out of your body labor.  Whoa Nelly!  I will spare you all of the not so blog friendly things that have to go into your "reality bag" and share with you what I wish was going into my hospital bag.  In theory ALL of these things would make me feel better during and after delivery.



And those are just to name a few.
This whole experience is really making me examine was is going to happen to my body in the aftermath of having a child.  Again, I will spare you the details because I think typing it out would make me blush.  However, I am a firm believer that if teenagers, male and female, knew all of the gory details about childbirth...they would definitely think twice about playing seven minutes in heaven...if you know what I mean.
So to all of the parents of teenagers out there, Halloween is coming up and kids always like a good horror story, why not really freak them out and tell them about Labor and Delivery!
Consider that my PSA for the week.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only item I used in my "reality bag" was my clothes to wear home.

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...