Friday, October 7

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions then my blog must be located next door

Because trust me...I have had all sorts of good intentions and have they got me anywhere?  Absolutely not, unless you consider somewhere to be the recliner in front of the T.V.  It is kind of like when you work all day long to get all of your clothes washed and dried but you don't put any of the away...they just sit there and before to long you realize it is easier to just pull what you need out of the huge pile o' clothes than it is to blog fold them.  Eventually though you have to blog fold them.  Bad analogy?  Okay give me a break, I am a little rusty at this.  Actually, I was gone so long that blogger changed somethings, enough things to freak me out and keep me from blogging, so technically it is bloggers fault.  Email them your complaints.

I want to tell you about all about what has gone on in the last month or so.

For starters, Matt, Duece, and I moved across the country.  Yes, that would be the second time in 6 months.  We made the trek from Sierra Vista, AZ and now call Clarksville, TN "home".  It was a fairly uneventful 1600 mile move that took us four days.  It was interested traveling that far while pregnant, but both dad, baby, and I survived.  It was in no small part thanks to my mom who spent her labor day weekend riding with a whiny pregnant woman eating slim jims.

Did we have a home when we got to TN? Absolutely not...we like to keep things interesting.   It isn't as bad as it sounds though because we found a house in a great neighborhood fairly quickly.  Although after seeing the first 10 or so houses on our list I did cry.  In my defense I didn't think a neighborhood in which all of the following could be seen was an appropriate place for a baby to be raised:
1.  Cars on blocks
2.  Men with no shirts, saggy pants, and tattooed tears on their faces
3.  All of the neighbors being allergic to yardwork
4.  Rabid dogs
Agree or disagree?  I thought you would see it my way.

In addition to moving we had to actually MOVE, which meant boxes, all 500 of them.  Actually it was more like 280 (that is not a lie).  280 boxes do not put themselves away.  Isn't the Army supposed to help you unpack?  Well, funny you should ask.  Yes, they are supposed to help us unpack if we request it, but apparently Diamond (again, I can't make this stuff up) decided that he had other things to be doing other than his job.  So Matt and I had to find a place to put all of the crap that I swear multiplies when you put it in a cardboard box with the same ferocity that gremlins multiply when you get them wet.

We are all officially settled in though.  Just this weekend, a full month after moving in, I made the guest room inhabitable and finished setting up little baby Neil's nursery.

On the pregnancy front there is one big development.  My belly button.  It is loosing it's battle.  The sad thing is that there really isn't anything I can do to help it.  I feel like God did bless me with an extraordinarily deep button, so in the best case scenario it will just be come flush with the rest of my skin and I won't be stuck with an awful outie for a few weeks.  No offense to anyone with an outie, but that just isn't for me.

I will be 35 weeks on Monday which means 5 weeks until my due date.
*Commence Freak Out*
HOLY SHITAKE...I just realized that as I typed it.  If the thought of being a parent in 5 weeks or less doesn't really freak you the freak out, then I don't know what will.  Technically we are ready for him.  And by technically I mean his room is ready, the stroller is put together, the car seat is installed, and we really really want to see and hold him.  But holy hannah...we are gonna have a baby!
*End Freak Out*

See, that happens to me every couple of days.  That may or may not include me crying hysterically to Matt that I have no idea what I am going to do.  If that did hypothetically happen, Matt would do a great job of telling me not to freak out.  I like to think that I am doing the freaking out right now so I can be calm when D-day (delivery day) gets here.

More on our impending parenthood later....

So there you have it folks, the last couple of weeks in a nutshell.  Now I have "work" to do, those cookies aren't going to eat themselves.

No comments:

See what else Monkey Loo has to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...